Dreamscape

 Miles of nothing, no one, just the grey low cloud and the sea beating on the cliffs below. 

I walk and walk, alone, the small world around me a circle in the cloud, with no one but me.

I walk the grey, stony path carefully, the wind buffeting me towards the cliff edge. A truly empty world. 

It feels as if I will walk forever, in a dream, and the grey silence and solitude will never end. 

There is none but me.

To be like this is paradise, but against human nature.

The clouds lift a little. 

The edge of the loch is there, 

a few curious sheep who have nothing to fear from this dreamscape,

 and a few curious ponies, their muzzles pointed towards me,

before they skip and skitter away. And then the collie barks at the farmhouse.

The mist is lifting.

The dream is ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poems from L7 Blue to Jaysus UHL

He's Gone

I'll Start by Remembering