Goodnight brother

 You've gone, brother, 

this world wasn't for you,

you were unhappy and 

we couldn't make you smile, 

you know the lads will miss you,

you loved them well enough, 

I can't imagine how he's is feeling now,

he did his best I think, 

with his own challenges in the way, 

would make you eat, roar at you 

if you refused, 

his coming in and cooking 

was your best time of day, 

you waited every day, 

you couldn't sleep,

It hurt me that

I couldn't give you life force,

the life force I have, 

from my decision to live and suffer

we couldn't raise a spark,

and that makes me cry,

life is precious and your suffering

was too much for you to feel that,

and I'm very sad,

but you died knowing you were loved

by your little circle of friends, 

but it hurts, and people are sad,

goodnight brother. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poems from L7 Blue to Jaysus UHL

He's Gone

I'll Start by Remembering