Galway

 Galway

It’s not the same now when I return,
you are gone beyond forever, and I yearn.

I watch the Corrib’s quiet rage,
and think of memories time cannot cage.

I remember standing here through years,
the laughter, the sorrow, the pain, the tears.

Summer days at McDougall’s bright,
chipper by the Spanish Arch, a simple delight.

Waiting in the sun, no shade to find,
or in cold rain, shelter left behind.
Bullying, cruelty, hurt so deep,
a broken rosary, the prayers I keep.

Walking Salthill Prom in wind and mist,
the mountains hazy, the sky kissed.
True Light tied as I paced the wall,
swans and seagulls answering the call.

Students passing, life flowing by,
and most of all, I see your eye.
You are in heaven now, the truth is sad,
and Galway grieves with the love we had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poems from L7 Blue to Jaysus UHL

He's Gone

I'll Start by Remembering